Book Title: MacEwan Open Textbook Authoring Guide
Subtitle: A Guide to Authoring & Adapting Open Textbooks Using Pressbooks
Book Description: This book is a practical guide to creating or adapting open textbooks using the Pressbooks platform. It is continually evolving as new information, practices and processes are developed. The primary audience for this book is the MacEwan University community interested and engaged in developing open textbooks using Pressbooks.
This book is a practical guide to creating or adapting open textbooks using the PressBooks platform. It is continually evolving as new information, practices and processes are developed. The primary audience for this book are faculty at MacEwan University in Edmonton, Alberta who are developing open textbooks using the university’s Pressbooks platform. However, there may be content within this book that is useful to others working on similar Open Educational Resource initiatives.
This guide is an adaptation of the Ryerson Open Textbook Authoring Guide created by Ryerson University and the BC Campus Open Education Self-Publishing Guide (CC BY 4.0). Changes and updates to this guide include:
- The addition of chapters on how to add video, audio, H5P, book info, and book covers to Pressbooks software.
- Information on locating open resources added to select chapters throughout.
- New and revised examples of how to attribute content.
- Additional guidance on approaches to having works peer-reviewed.
- Revisions throughout referencing processes and supports relevant to the MacEwan University Pressbooks hosting service and initiatives.
MacEwan Open Textbook Authoring Guide by MacEwan University Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.